Hooray, summer is here! NO, HELL NO! I have never liked summer, I suppose until the day that I live on the beaches of the west coast or either have my own pool. The heat of summer bothers me in so many ways, I have the humidity, I hate having to blast the A/C as soon as you get in the car, should I complain more? As a runner, summer and its heat and humidity is the enemy. You either run at 6am or 9pm when the sun is asleep. I run with Steel City Road Runners on Saturday morning which used to start at 8:30am, now we start at 6:30am, its horrible, but I have made so many running friends there, I pry myself out of bed every Saturday at 5:45am.
**I'm currently on day 52 of P90X**
With the hate of summer in topic, that was the reason for signing up for no major races this summer. I'll run in spring, fall, or winter, but not summer. With fall fast approaching I need to get a training schedule put in place and start running more durin the week like I did before Pittsburgh mararthon. I was running 2-3 times a week plus long saturday runs.
Fall Race Lineup:
1. Tough Mudder - August 24th (not a race, but its a good 11 miles of toughness) - ???, Ohio
2. Full - Erie Marathon - September 15th - Erie, PA
3. Half - Runners World Half Marathon - October 19th - Bethlehem, PA
4. Full - Marine Corps Marathon - October 27th - Washington, D.C.
5. Mud on the Mountain - November ? - Seven Spring Ski Resort, Seven Springs, PA
Next post should be my planned Erie training schedule....look forward!
No comments:
Post a Comment