Friday, September 6, 2013

Guess who's going to be a CPT (certified Personal Trainer) !!!!???!!!!

You heard right, I have been wanting to get the materials to study to become to become a Certified Personal Trainer for a while now.  Once I realized that I have learned so much knowledge about weight loss, healthy eating and keep adding to my knowledge of weight lifting I knew what a great opportunity this could be for me to use it to help others! That is what a PT must want to do 100%, not reap the rewards of their clients success, but be willing to help them 100% and help them to never give up on their goals of fitness!

There are many associates or companies that you can pay to get their materials to study to get the certification.  Some of the most popular are ACE, NASM, & ISCAA. One of my biggest factors was price, ACE is $499 for their base study package and NASM is $699, however NASM was having $150 off theirs for Labor Day.  I didn't want to rush on something I wasn't 100% sure on, so I didn't give into the Labor Day sales.  This was not a spur of the moment $500 purchase, I have been thinking about this for months and researching it as well as reading reviews and forums about each program.  

Truthfully, money is VERY tight right now and I don't have any extra, but this is pretty much the only thing I could ever justify a major purchase for right now in my life. Of course I put it on my credit card! What else are they for! HA.  So yesterday I was feeling all gloomy about my money problems and decided if I ordered it, I would feel better, so I did.  I had narrowed it down to ACE after my research.  The study materials will be here WEDNESDAY! :)
What now?I have 6 months to do the studying and take the test.  The course is laid out in a 12-month study plan with emails and 1 practice test.  So there is ample extra time if life throws you a curve ball.  As soon as Wednesday comes, it will be time to hit the books, but FINALLY for something I am excited to learn about, not some stupid Psychology college book!

No comments:

Post a Comment