Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Marathon is SUNDAY!!!!!

I have been really pumped up for the Pittsburgh Marathon this weekend!  For a few days now I have already been having dreams about running, but not necessarily finishing...ha.  I'm not worried.  I've done all the training I would possibly do over the past 4 months.  If something happens between now and then that prevents me from running, I will only assume God has something to do with it.  Not that I'm worried, but many probably are, lets all pray for a safe day.  I think Boston was a isolated event, but you never know.  The past 4 months I ran 2-3 days during the week and every Saturday for long runs.  Those long runs that were sponsored by SCRRC (Steel City Road Runners Club) have been awesome and I would of never been able to get those long runs in.  I met so many awesome people in the 11 minute & 10 minute pace groups!  I hope you all the best come Sunday!  If you know me, I am NOT a morning person, so that fact that my body has been waking me up at 6am everyday is a sign I am very anxious for the race and my body is so scared that I will miss it, there is no sleeping in...lol.

For the 2nd time in about 2 weeks, last night I watched "Spirit of the Marathon" on Netflix.  A 1hr, 45 min documentary about 5 different runners getting ready for the 2005 Chicago Marathon.  It was awesome and got me SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for Sunday.  I'm really excited, can you tell?

My ideal race day:

  • 55 and overcast
  • not having to poop while running (seriously it's a big problem for all runners!)
  • finding a race buddy - someone to talk to here and there to help time pass
  • ideal hydration
  • no medical issues (chafing, bleeding, falling)
  • keeping motivated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment