Sunday, February 2, 2014

Personal Trainer Cert - UPDATE!

So for the past few months I have been studying to get my ACE personal trainer certification. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got my supplies back in early fall, I was off to a great start, then I started getting lazy with the reading. Well we're now 1 month into the new year and I'm back on track. Whether it's at the local coffee shop on my days off or here and there when I have an hour, I am getting the rest of the reading in and started working on the study guides. Let's be clear, the study guides are great, but this just goes to show, that well there is lots to study! (cardiovascular, muscles, bones, terms, etc, etc). 

Until a few months ago, I told NO ONE i was working towards my certification. Why? Well people are really judgmental and I just didn't think many people will take me seriously. I still don't think they will. I think it will be even worse when I get certified and start looking for part-time PT jobs. Seeing i used to be 265 lbs, not too many people that knew me would think I would fit that role. That's where the judgmental bastards come in.  Little do many people know, other than the PT books, for the past 2 years while on this journey, I have been reading fitness and health books, articles, magazines, websites, etc galore. I have dove into it head on. I think my strongest point is definitely nutrition. I wish I didn't have to go back to school for 4 years to become a Registered Dietitian (RD). I find nutrition really interesting and love finding new recipes and healthy alternatives for common everyday unhealthy meals.

So stick with me! I hope to be done studying in the next month or so and take my test in late March. I have yet to schedule it. If I ever sound like I'm ranting, well I am. HA. This gives me a nice place to do so! HA. So if you know of a gym that needs part-time trainers or knows a PT that would be a great mentor, let me know! ALWAYS looking for new fitness friends! No Planet Fitness, sorry, that's not me...LOL

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY! 6 MORE WEEKS OF WINTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment