So as for running, in the past few weeks I have started to pick up the running as it's need with Pittsburgh marathon coming up on MAY 4th!!!!!!!! Only 2 months! I am excited and nervous at the same time. Nervous because I was cocky and waited until February to start my training, when everyone else started in January. I just wasn't ready for 15 mile runs, I was OK with staying in the gym and going for swims. But I'll be okay, as long as I run 3X/week and get my long runs in on Friday or Saturday. I did 13 last Saturday and 15 this past weekend. 10 mile race next weekend. Always good to have a race or two in your training schedule to break up the monotony and to also see how you are progressing! But then, of course I am excited at the same time. Excited because it's a race, and I love running races. I have become really competitive as I've gotten faster. More eager because Pittsburgh was my first full last year, and it was kind of a flop, in my opinion. If you remember, I got a 5:00:14. Great in some peoples eyes, but it was a major learning experience. I just hope I learned enough last year to run a great race this year.
Pittsburgh Marathon 2014 GOAL TIME: 3:50:00 - previous PR was in Richmond in November 2013, 3:57.
Last topic: Studying for ACE Personal Trainer certification
As I continued to read through the chapters, the March 5th deadline of scheduling my ACE exam was fast approaching. I don't have to take the exam by that date, just schedule it. Since I was nearly done reading the materials (which I have just the appendixes to read at this point), I decided to schedule it for a month out. That should give able time for studying with my work schedule. I scheduled strategically for Friday March 28th at 8:30 am. This way I have that Thursday off for more last minutes refreshers and I can get it done in the morning and go for a run after it's over to decompress. I'm not sure if we get the results instantly, but I kind of hope we do. I'm really nervous. The pass rate in 2012 was only 54%. The retake fee is $199. I hope that I know enough and have learned enough to pass successfully. If there is anyone out there that has taken the ACE exam in the past, any help or tips!?!? ahhh nerves!
No comments:
Post a Comment